Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Kalignar says "DMK is a democratic party"

 I was reading through the DMK leader Karunanidhi's interview to CNN IBN.  One question and its answer caught my attention -


CNN-IBN: Will everyone in the party accept Stalin as the next leader?
M Karunanidhi: This is a democratic party. For all those who are asking who's the next leader, I would like to say the DMK is a democratic party. This is not a party where I just name one person and say he will succeed me. This is not a mutt run by seers. For eg, Sankaracharya named his successor himself and the entire religion accepted and followed it. But this is not a religious mutt like that. This is a democratic party. Just like people elect their leaders, the party cadre and the senior leaders will collectively select a person they feel is capable enough to handle this position.

I say, how true? ;)  (That was a wink of sarcasm)

The whole interview can be found here

No comments: